A natural alternative to shop-bought lip balm – ideal for extreme weather conditions – keeping your lips moist with no preservatives, no toxins, no nonsense. You can play around with different essential oils but peppermint is a delicious combination (smells like a certain British-branded butter-mint sweet…yum yum (but without the calories and the chemicals!)
Ingredients & Equipment:
- 20 gm of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 15+ drops of peppermint essential oil
- double basin or small heat proof bowl and small pan
- 5-6 Small jars in which to decant the prepared mixture
- Melt the beeswax, Shea butter and coconut oil in the double-basin over a low heat.
- Add a few drops of essential oils at a time and test the strength by scooping a small amount out and spreading it on a small piece of grease-proof paper. It will set really quickly due to the beeswax (which you can then test on your skin).
- Decant into the small jars and you should have enough for between 5-6 pots depending on size